Mirantis is seeking a skilled DevOps Engineer to work on our key corporate accounts with thousands of deployed nodes, help automate and operationalize OpenStack in live production environment, and establish best practices. You will also act as an internal OpenStack escalations engineer for the L1 support team.
This is a key role in the Support and Technical Operations Team at Mirantis.
- Train to become an OpenStack Engineer at the expert level.
- Work directly with demanding corporate customers.
- Willingness to work time shifted schedules as required.
- Ability to automate deployment of OpenStack environments using Puppet and other DevOps tools.
- Research and develop methods to improve performance, reliability and scalability of OpenStack in live customer environments.
- Share knowledge with other team members and act as an internal escalation resource for other support team members.
- Develop, document and champion new procedures and initiatives to improve system stability and performance.
- Expert Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience with configuration management and deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Cobbler, MCollective).
- Expert understanding of networking concepts and protocols (L2-L7, SDN, NFV)
- Good knowledge of virtualization solutions (libvirt, KVM, Xen, VMware)
- Good knowledge of distributed storage solutions (iSCSI, Ceph, Swift)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Experience with Linux HA (corosync, pacemaker)
- Experience with databases and message brokers (MySQL, Galera, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Zabbix)
- Experience deploying and developing OpenStack or other cloud management frameworks.