Mirantis, Inc. is an American multinational company specializing in OpenStack platform and products. Our head office is located in the heart of Silicon Valley in Mountain View. We work for industry giants including AT&T, NASA, IBM, Dell, Intel, HP, PayPal and many more.
We have just opened a new office in Poznan and we are looking for OpenStack Operations Engineer / Support Engineer.
- Primary entry point for client incidents at enterprise level, managing live issues until resolution;
- Take ownership of operational incidents and handle escalation of issues, as needed, to development teams;
- Reliably work set “shift-patterned” schedule in Poznan, Poland;
- Ability to rapidly learn OpenStack projects via in-house mentoring;
- Ensuring customer success by providing a superior skillset with a strong sense of urgency;
- Support Linux and OpenStack in both production and pre production environments for external clients;
- Log OpenStack bugs with Mirantis engineers and/or community resources;
- Contribute to OpenStack community via feedback and insight into chronic issues;
- Updating of internal Wiki and Knowledge Bases for information sharing purposes.
- An extreme focus on customers’ success;
- Fluent English, both spoken and written;
- Excellent understanding of operational concepts with focus on critical support;
- Solid real-world experience with at least one virtualization technology platform;
- Practical and advanced experience with Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting in enterprise server environments;
- Experience in supporting large-scale multi-tenant infrastructure level services (load balancers, firewalls, etc.);
- Experience with supporting external clients at the enterprise level;
- Ability to troubleshoot the “whole stack” independently to isolate incidents’ root cause;
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts, including horizontal scaling;
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight;
- Willingness to keep abreast of rapidly changing technical environments and quickly evolving software platforms;
- Willingness to work outside your technical “comfort zone”.
Nice to Have:
- Python, Puppet, and Cobbler experience are strong pluses;
- libvirt/QEMU/KVM experience;
- Excellent understanding of data center organization, including hardware configurations and networking;
- Familiarity with OpenStack, and the willingness to be trained to expert level;
- Experience with HA solutions; HA-proxy, Pacemaker, Corosync;
- Scripting ability in at least one: bash, perl or Python;
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and case tracking;
- Ability to analyze incident trends and recommend solutions;
- Familiarity with production monitoring and alerting;
- You are aware of the differences between a cumulus formation and an artesian well.
What We Offer:
- Work with established leaders in their industry;
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues;
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan;
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth.