Mirantis invites engineers who thrive when challenged to help us provide the best OpenStack experience to customers. This position is within the Mirantis product engineering organization, and we’re looking for brilliant individuals who are eager to play a vital role in the intersection of IT and software engineering.
If you’re passionate about open source software, Mirantis is where you belong!
- Proactively troubleshoot OpenStack deployments, detect and report issues
- Reproduce customer issues in a local lab, confirm bug reports, provide detailed information to the development team
- Work closely w/ development team: discuss customer issues, suggest improvements, fix bugs in code, participate in IRC meetings, etc.
- Provide engineering support for Mirantis OpenStack issues escalated by support/ops team. Help support/ops team deal w/ critical customer issues, participate in troubleshooting sessions over Webex as needed
- Expert Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Expert understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Ability to read and understand Python, Ruby code; basic scripting skills
- Good knowledge of virtualization solutions (libvirt, KVM, Xen, VMWare)
- Good knowledge of distributed storage solutions (iSCSl, Ceph, Swift)
Will be a plus
- Experience working w/ and maintaining large Python codebases
- Experience w/ Linux HA (corosync, pacemaker)
- Experience w/ databases and message brokers (MySQL, Galera, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Zabbix)
- Experience working configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Cobbler, MCollective)
- Experience deploying and developing OpenStack
- Work in the Silicon Valley w/ established leaders in their industry
- Work w/ exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- High-energy atmosphere of a young open-source friendly company
- Competitive compensation package w/ strong benefits plan and stock options
- Opportunity to make a difference in the world of cloud computing
- Flexible schedule, lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth